Maintaining virgin human hair extensions is essential to ensure their longevity and keep them looking healthy and natural. Here are the top three ways to maintain virgin human hair extensions:
1.GENTLE WASHING AND CONDITIONING:
- Wash your virgin human hair extensions with a sulfate-free and paraben-free shampoo. Gently lather the shampoo through the hair, focusing on the mid-lengths and ends.
- Condition the hair with a moisturizing conditioner. Let the conditioner sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly. For wavy and curly textures regular deep conditions are necessary.
- Wash the extensions in a downward motion to prevent tangling, and be gentle to avoid unnecessary stress on the hair.
2. AVOID HEAT DAMAGE:
- Minimize the use of heat styling tools on your virgin human hair extensions. Excessive heat can lead to dryness, frizz, and damage.
- If you must use heat, apply a heat protectant spray before styling. Use the lowest heat setting necessary on your styling tools to prevent overheating and damage to the hair cuticle.
- Air-drying your hair is best whenever possible to reduce heat exposure especially for curly textures. This helps maintain the natural texture and integrity of the virgin hair.
3. AVOID HARSH CHEMICALS:
- Although we love to color our extensions, the harsh chemicals from the color can damage the hair, especially when not done by a professional. Drying can occur after coloring hair so be sure to keep hair conditioned and moisturized and get regular maintenance done by a professional. Again, ALWAYS CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL WHEN COLORING YOUR EXTENSIONS.
- Though it is perfectly fine to swim with virgin human hair extensions, avoid over exposing your virgin hair extensions to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine or excessive saltwater. If you plan to swim, protect your hair by wearing a swim cap or make sure to wash and condition hair immediately after.