Power Hair Collection 100% virgin hair is just like your hair. It must be washed, conditioned and moisturized based upon the specific texture. The number #1 mistake you can make is assuming that virgin hair cannot be damaged like your natural hair. Virgin hair can be over processed, color damaged and heat damaged when heat is used excessively just like with your natural hair. Please seek professional help when coloring and processing.
DAILY MAINTENANCE (POWER STRAIGHT & POWER WAVY)
-Brush hair with a paddle detangling brush before bed (Power Straight and Power Wavy textures) daily to ensure there are no naturally occurring tangles. Like all hair minimal shedding is expected. We recommend sealing wefts before installation.
-Covering hair with a protective scarf before bed is recommended to avoid frizzing and tangling
WASHING & CONDITIONING (POWER STRAIGHT & POWER WAVY)
- Brush hair with a paddle detangling brush to prevent tangling once wet
- Use sulfate free shampoo
- Wash the hair gently in a downward motion with your palms, do not scrub or bunch the hair together as this will cause open cuticles to rub against each other causing friction
- Do not wash more than twice before conditioning hair
-Use a moisturizing conditioner
-Co-washing (simply using conditioner on the hair then washing it out -no shampoo) is recommended in between normal washes to maintain moisture and luster
-Let the hair air dry and style as usual
POWER NATURALS & POWER CURLY HAIR MAINTENANCE
Coil Curl, Kinky Curl, Kinky Coil Curl & Afro Kinky Curl:
*These textures LOVE MOISTURE!... A spray bottle with water will be your best friend so always have one on hand before daily styling. These textures are high maintanence and will tangle just like your natural curls but these textures will easily detangle with water and a conditioning product.
- Co-wash hair (cleansing with conditioner only) before installation (the curls will pop even more!)
- Use a paddle detangling brush and Denman brush to smooth and define curls on damp or wet hair - Coil Curl, Kinky Curl & Kinky Coil Curl ONLY.
- Air dry/ Hang dry when possible with as little manipulation as possible to get best curl results
- Finger detangle hair daily - Afro Kinky Curl hair should be finger detangled ONLY.
- Use leave-in conditioner when styling
- Only use sulfate free shampoo when necessary to remove product buildup when cleansing hair.
- Deep condition hair at least once every two weeks if not more. Leaving conditioner on for at least 10 minutes before washing out. This will not only preserve your curl pattern but extend the life of you extensions.
Natural Blow Out:
- This hair does not need to be co-washed before installation
- Finger detangle and use a paddle brush as needed
- This unique texture doesn't require the daily use of water like the other Power Natural textures. It actually lasts longer with less application of water and products.
- When washing is necessary we recommend co-washing with conditioner but if shampoo is needed only use a sulfate free shampoo to minimize drying out the hair. Wash the hair gently in a downward motion with your palms, do not scrub or bunch the hair together as this will cause open cuticles to rub against each other causing friction.
- Follow the same steps for conditioning and deep conditioning as other Power Natural textures stated above.